Quality Control Inspector
Seeking a Quality Control Inspector responsible for the physical inspection of manufactured and purchased steel products and raw materials. Candidate must have four (4) years of experience in the evaluation of products with tight tolerances to ensure that all products meet our strict quality standards. The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for operating and calibrating various test equipment, reviewing quality control procedures, and assuring that all necessary records are kept up-to-date and accurate.
People who join Numa, stay at Numa. Many people on our team have been with the company 10, 20, or 30+ years. It is a great place to work with full benefits and team environment.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to,:
- Inspect raw material and vendor products as received.
- Maintain gages, tools and equipment used to inspect product.
- Perform first piece inspections.
- Inspect manufactured product at all points in the manufacturing process.
- Perform final inspection audits on completed products.
- Create and maintain quality audit, serial number tracking, and other necessary communications and reporting.
- Assist in inspecting returned product for evaluation.
- Perform hardness testing and inspection of product received from heat treat.
- Assist in moving and expediting product through the final stages to stock or shipping.
- Assist Engineering in testing and measuring prototype parts and assemblies.
- Maintains safety in work area.
- Participates in safety /continuous improvement meetings as required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in manufacturing of steel or industrial products having tight tolerances.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in quality control/assurance role.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Skill in precision measurement tools.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Ability to operate fork truck.
- Must understand and work in a safe manner, following all governmental and company regulations and policies regarding safety in the workplace.
- Good computer skills including use of MS Office and ERP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and time management skills.
- Must be able to successfully complete all pre-employment criteria.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time shift position. Competitive salary offered based upon experience with a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, HSA, company paid life insurance, long & short-term disability, paid vacations & holidays, tuition reimbursement programs, and matching 401(K) plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works with and around greases, oils, coolants, and cleaning solutions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift or move parts with an approximate weight up to a maximum weight of 50 lbs. Work may require bending, stooping, kneeling, ladder climbing, and working in small cramped areas. Personal protective equipment is required and provided.
The work environment is normally industrial manufacturing space. Work could be greasy, slippery, wet, and dusty. Sharp loud noises are possible. Able to drive a forklift. Potential physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time