MADE IN THE USA DEPENDABILITY & PERFORMANCE
Numa’s Impact Ring Bit Casing System is the best method for simultaneous drilling and casing for horizontal boring applications. The system is capable of drilling 10¾” to 50½” (273 – 1283 mm) diameter holes in both overburden and hard rock conditions. The Impact Ring Bit System® is a technically advanced, efficient means of drilling both horizontally and vertically in any type of application that requires simultaneous drilling and casing. Benefits include:
• Consists of DTH hammer, auger and two-piece ring bits
• Faster penetration due to large bit surface area contacting formation
• Saves money as all components are reusable on multiple projects
• Efficient hole cleaning through large flushing holes and use of an auger
• Exceptional performance when used with rail-mounted boring machines
The Impact Ring Bit System consists of a DTH hammer, auger and a unique two-piece center/ring bit combination. The casing hammers provide power for the drilling system while the auger fitted to the backhead of the hammer promotes more efficient hole cleaning. The center bit is connected directly to the hammer and the ring bit is attached directly to the casing being installed.
For HDD drillers, the hammer, auger and center bit are inserted through the casing and align with the ring bit that is attached to the casing. The casing is advanced during drilling with hole cuttings evacuated back through the drilled hole. Upon completion, the hammer, auger and center bit are pulled back leaving the casing in place. The ring bit can be recovered from the end of the casing in pit applications.